This recipe for Apple Fritter Muffins captures the flavor and experience of an apple fritter doughnut without any of the repercussions! In fact you’ll be getting protein and even some fiber from these tasty treats.
Here’s what you need for 12:
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 organic apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon plus a dash
• 1 Tablespoon pure grade B maple syrup
• 9 organic cage-free eggs
• 3 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk • 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a skillet heat the coconut oil over medium. Add the apples, raisins, pecans, water, cinnamon andmaple syrup. Cook, mixing often until the apples become tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, coconut milk, coconut flour, baking soda, dash of cinnamon and salt. Addtwo thirds of the apple mixture to the eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup, fill each prepared muffin tin with the egg mixture. Place a spoonful of the reservedapple mixture on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until fully set.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 117 calories, 7g fat, 84mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 6g protein