This dish is slightly spicy. It has a unique and awesome taste!
Categories: Lunch, Low Sodium, Dinner, Diabetic Friendly, High Protein
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute chicken until firm and lightly browned; remove from pan.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet.
- Cook and stir garlic, asparagus, and red pepper flakes in oil until asparagus is tender.
- Stir in chicken, and cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta with chicken and asparagus mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Servings: 8, Calories: 318, Fat: 7.3g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 151mg, Carbohydrate: 43.3g, Protein: 21g