This is an easy slow cooker meal – use your imagination and season it up as you like! Great on a c-c-c-cold winter night! I serve this with grated cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro and green onions, and flour tortillas on the side.
Categories: Lunch, Low Calorie, Dinner, Low Fat, Heart Healthy Diet, High Protein, Dairy Free, High Fiber Diet
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- salt to taste
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Place chicken and salsa in the slow cooker the night before you want to eat this chili.
- Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low setting.
- About 3 to 4 hours before you want to eat, shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Return the meat to the pot, and continue cooking.
- Stir the corn and the pinto beans into the slow cooker.
- Simmer until ready to serve.
Servings: 6, Calories: 206, Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 948mg, Carbohydrate: 25.7g, Protein: 21.2g