EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 6, 2017
At Life Clubs we have adopted policies, procedures, rules and regulations (“policies”) designed for the safe, enjoyable and healthy use of our premises and events by you-our members and guests.
These policies apply to your conduct on Life Clubs premises, which includes all outdoor areas, including parking lots, sidewalks. They also apply to your conduct during its programs, training, events or other Life Clubs sponsored events.
These policies supplement those posted or otherwise provided in our club. If you violate any of these polices, your membership may be suspended or terminated. Our decision on all questions regarding construction or interpretation of these is final.
We may change these policies at anytime without notice in our sole discretion. You may find the most recent version of these policies at http://www.lifeclubsfivetowns.com/club/ As a member or guest of Life Clubs, you are responsible to review and comply with policies at all times.
- Proper Conduct. We strive to uphold a safe, fun, family-oriented environment. As such, we expect proper, respectful conduct on the premises at all times. We do not permit disrespectful conduct toward our members, guests, employees (“Team Members”), vendors or property including but not limited to vulgar, profane, indecent, offensive, violent, hostile, aggressive, threatening, harassing, stalking, fraudulent, or other inappropriate conduct or communications.
- Weapons. You may not bring or use weapons of any kind on the premises for any reason.
- Proper Attire. You must wear proper attire at all times, closed-toe athletic shoes must be worn at all times on the courts and in the fitness and exercise areas. Work boots, and other nonathletic attire are not permitted in the fitness/exercise areas, unless noted in a specific area.
- Personal Belongings. You must store all workout bags, coats and personal belongings in a locker. Be sure that your locker is secured before you leave it. You must keep your locker key with you at all times without exception, including while showering; do not leave your locker key unattended at any time, such as by pinning it to a towel. If you use a lock without a key such as a combination lock, you are responsible for remembering your locker number and combination. You may use our lockers only while you are on the premises; you may not leave any personal belongings in a locker overnight. Do not bring or store any valuables on the premises, including watches, jewelry or large amounts of cash. Do not leave valuables in plain view in your vehicle. Be sure your vehicle is locked. We are not liable or responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property, whether from lockers, vehicles or other locations on the premises. Please inquire in person at the Member Services desk for lost articles that may have been found. Phone inquiries regarding lost items are not allowed.
- Locker Rooms. We expect proper etiquette in our locker rooms. You may not spit, sleep or engage in any sexual conduct in our locker rooms. You may not shave in, or use in the nude, the sauna, spa, or steam room. You may not work out or wear rubber suits or excessive clothing in the sauna or steam room. You may not use an electronic device equipped with a camera in our locker rooms.
- Injuries. If you are injured while on the premises, please seek immediate assistance from a Life Club Team Member. A Team Member can provide or arrange for appropriate medical assistance and complete an incident report.
- Physical Examination. We strongly encourage that you have a complete physical examination prior to beginning any new exercise or nutrition program.
- Training Services. Our personal training services include instruction, coaching, advice, lessons or demonstration concerning physical exercise, physical fitness, exercise strategies, nutrition, wellness, fitness products, fitness equipment and other fitness-related activities by personal trainers, nutrition coaches, teaching pros or other instructors (“personal training”). Personal training services are available to members, typically for a fee per session, upon completion of a Fitness Program Agreement.
- No Personal Training by Members or Guests. You may not solicit or conduct on the premises any personal training as defined above, with or without compensation. Life Clubs retains sole discretion to determine whether a member or guest is engaged in personal training
- Solicitation. Unless expressly authorized by Life Clubs Corporate Communications, you may not solicit-whether in person or in writing-any members, guests or Team Members on the premises or during off-premises events, including but not limited to solicitations for political or religious purposes, media interviews, business opportunities, or competitive products or services.
- Cell Phones and Other Mobile Devices. Cellular phones and other mobile devices may not be used in photographic or video mode in any locker room, rest room, sauna, steam room, or in Childcare. Additionally, no calls may be placed or taken in any locker room, sauna, steam room or group exercise room. Please use common courtesy when using mobile devises in in other areas of the club.
- Photography and Video. Professional photography and recording of video on the premises is not allowed without the advance approval of the Life Clubs Corporate Communications Department. Personal photography is allowed in public areas of the club only. You must have consent to photograph any other member, guest or team member. No photography or cameras of any kind are allowed in any locker room, rest room, sauna or steam room, Life Clubs massage or service rooms, or other private area of the club, or in childcare. Life Clubs allows certain team members to take images of members and guests for social media purposes, including participants in group fitness and team training classes in studios designated with a social studio sign. If you do not wish to have images taken by Life Clubs, please let the team member know, so that you can opt out. By your continued use of Life Club’s premises and services, including participation in the class, you irrevocably consent to and grant Life Clubs the exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and otherwise unlimited right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publicly display and perform, publish, transmit, remove, retain, and re-purpose the images for any purpose in any media or form of communication, without additional consent and without compensation, including but not limited to Life Club’s commercial and promotional use on its corporate or employee social media sites.
- Life Clubs Wireless Network. By accessing the Life Clubs wireless network, you agree not to use the Life Clubs wireless network to transmit any material that violates any applicable laws, rules or regulations or to defame, harm or threaten or attempt to harm other persons, businesses or other entities. You also agree not to use our wireless network to transmit any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party. You agree not to violate the security or integrity of our wireless network or to use our network to violate the security or integrity of any other network. Any such acts may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. Use of this wireless connection is entirely at your risk and Life Clubs disclaims all liability for loss of confidential information or damages resulting from that loss. We make no promises, representations or warranties of any kind concerning the suitability or security of this service and specifically disclaim all warranties of fitness for a particular purpose of security. The wireless service is provided “As Is.” You will remain connected to the Life Clubs wireless network until you disconnect and will automatically upon entry into the Life Clubs wireless network radius. By using the wireless service, you agree to indemnify us, our officers and agents against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses made against or incurred, suffered or sustained arising out of your use of the wireless service and agree that in no event will we be liable for any damages, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your use of or inability to use the wireless service. We may block access or terminate the wireless service at any time and for any reason, and assume no liability for doing so. We may record information about your usage of our network and may use or disclose such information when appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Life Clubs, Inc.
- Food. You may not bring your own food into the club, but you may bring clear non-alcoholic liquids in closeable, unbreakable bottles. Unless purchased for consumption outside the center, food from our Life Cafe must remain in those areas. No outside food or beverage allowed in the Life Cafe. Our Life Cafe may use peanuts and other products that may cause allergic reactions.
- Alcohol. You may not consume alcohol on the premises unless it is purchased by or otherwise provided by Life Clubs, and only in designated areas. You may not use our equipment, services or programs while under the influence of alcohol.
- Drugs. You may not use, possess or sell any illegal drug on the premises, including but not limited to anabolic steroids or other illegal growth-enhancing substance. You may not use our equipment, services or programs while under the influence of illegal drugs. You should not use, or should stop using, any equipment, service or program if your prescription medication adversely impacts or influences your ability to safely use it.
- Smoking. You may not smoke, chew or use any other tobacco or electronic cigarette products on Life Club’s premises including any outdoor areas (e.g., sidewalks or parking lot), or at Life Club’s events.
- Age Requirements. Any individual 14 years or older may join Life Clubs. Children under the age of 14 may not utilize the cardio and strength training areas, or the group exercise studios, unless enrolled in a Life Clubs program or service. All individuals 14–17 years old must have a parent or guardian sign a membership agreement.
- Checking In and Membership key Tags. Please present your key tag to the Welcome Team for scanning each time you enter the club. This improves security by distinguishing you from nonmembers. It also verifies the unique access privileges you’ve paid for, protecting the value of your membership. Another benefit is that we can monitor total club usage and add staff when attendance spikes. Finally, if you’d like to know how often you have used our club (say for tax or insurance purposes), it makes obtaining a club usage report possible. Key tags may not be loaned to another person. Allowing someone else to use your key tag will result in immediate termination of your membership. Unfortunately, one strike and you’re out.
- Club Closure or Access Restrictions. We reserve the right to close or restrict access, without advance notice, to any area of or premises for any reason, including but not limited to closures or restrictions related to construction, remodeling, repair, or maintenance (whether planned or unplanned) or for health and safety reasons, including but not limited to weather, natural disasters, power outages, and medical issues. Your obligation to pay membership dues is not dependent upon usage, availability or access to club.
- Illness. You may not enter the premises if you have an contagious illness that may be transferred through ordinary use of our equipment, services or programs. You must cover exposed lesions or rashes.
- Animals. You may not bring any animal on the premises unless it is a service animal performing its duties in the care of a person who requires its assistance or is an on-duty law enforcement animal (“exempt animals”). All exempt animals must be licensed, vaccinated and have identification tags (where applicable); must remain leashed or caged and under a non-Life Club responsible person’s control at all times; and must be removed immediately if it causes a disturbance, interrupts the work of others or poses a health or safety risk to those who are exposed to it. The animal’s owner must promptly remove animal waste and is liable for any damage caused by the animal.
- Damage to Club. You may not damage the club in any way, including but not limited any damage to, or theft of, exercise equipment, supplies or other club property.
- Non-Members. Life Clubs and its programs, services, amenities, benefits, programs, classes, events, are for members only or guests of members as permitted by our Guest Policy. Non members who wish to use Life Cafe must sign in or register at the front desk.