What is Massage Therapy?
Sounds like a silly question, but Massage Therapy means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Here at Life Clubs we see massage as the toothbrush for muscles. Just as brushing is to your teeth, massage is essential to protecting, maintaining and achieving a fit and healthy balanced body.
Massage Therapy is tailored and directly applied in response to what your body is telling you. Every treatment is different, as every day your body changes and it is our job to keep up with it! Whether removing aches and pains, for relaxation, help with your sleep patterns or improving your recovery and performance massage therapy is the answer.
What can it do for me?
- Encourage relaxation– massage in its most basic sense is designed to relax tense muscles along with the connective tissues, and soothing the nervous system. A good massage helps to stimulate your body to relax this helps your physical body as well as your mind and emotions to relax during and after a massage
- Relieve stress and recharge emotions – massage has been clinically proven that it helps to relieve stress by stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system, which is the part of your system that helps you to rest and relax. When stressed a relaxing massage can make a huge difference in the quality of your life. Studies have shown that massage increases levels of two neuro-chemicals (dopamine and serotonin) allowing you to feel relaxed, happier and more fulfilled.
- Improve sleep disorders – Researches have shown that massage therapy can help you sleep and reduce anxiety and depression. Stress, pain, ache, depression, bad sleeping patterns, anxiety, irregular working schedule all build up to cause insomnia.
- Remove aches, pains, tension and tightness – Massage gets to the root of the pain by relaxing tense muscles and increasing flexibility. Massage also encourages blood flow to the affected muscles, which can bring an increase in oxygen and nutrients. All of this activity reduces swelling and stiffness to help eliminate pain.
- Improves Range of Motion – Improves flexibility and Range of Motion–Massage therapy is a beneficial treatment for maintaining and improving flexibility and motion. By working on muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments, and joints, regular massage can improve your flexibility and range of motion, keeping your joints more fluid and making them less injury prone. A good massage will manipulate your muscles breaking up tight knots and stretching the tissue relieving adhesion’s that buildup
- Improves Posture – Unlike other bad habits, poor posture can be relaxing to correct. Massage helps reinforce healthy and natural movements, which can get your posture back on track
- Improves Circulation – The pressure created by massage therapy moves blood through congested areas. This causes new blood to flow in, resulting improved body function.
- Improve physical and mental performance
- Lowers Blood Pressure – One effective way to stave off high blood pressure naturally is massage therapy. Long-term studies have shown that a consistent massage program can decrease diastolic and systolic blood pressure
- Recovery from injury – Massage plays an important role as a supplement to standard injury rehabilitation procedures. By encouraging circulatory movement and relaxing muscles, massage helps the body pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs. This allows the rehabilitating injured area(s) to become more flexible and heal at an accelerated rate. Massage therapy is also used to aid in pain management as the injury is nursed back to full strength
Note: Many clients are eligible for rehabilitation services through insurance benefits such as extended health care, worker’s compensation, or motor vehicle insurance. We cannot guarantee eligibility or the extent of the coverage by your insurance plan. We do not direct bill your insurance company. For all treatment you will receive a receipt that you can submit to your group benefit provider.
One and 1/2 Hour Session $125
One Hour Session $85
1/2 Hour Session $48
Package Deals Available
To Schedule An Appointment Contact:
Gabrielle Rose – 917-903-4953