This dough recipe calls for yeast, which is gluten-free, that gives the pizza an authentic flavor. If you are able to handle dairy, then sprinkle it with some organic cheese. If not, then enjoy it like I did, with lots of tasty sauce and toppings!
Here’s what you need:
• 1 Tablespoon raw honey
• 1 packet (2 tsp) active dry yeast
• 1/4 cup warm, filtered water
• 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
• 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
• 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 omega-3 egg
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup organic pizza sauce (no sugar added)
• 1/2 cup ground sausage
• 1/2 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
• 3 Tablespoons sliced black olives
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
2. In a small bowl combine the honey, yeast and warm water. Mix carefully with a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes, until foamy.
3. In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch and salt. Work out the lumps with a fork. Add the egg, olive oil and vinegar to the yeast mixture and mix to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones. Mix well and form a ball of dough. Work the dough for about 30 seconds with your hands, smoothing out any lumps.
5. Place the dough ball in the middle of your prepared pan. Dip your fingers in olive oil, then use them to flatten the dough into your preferred pizza shape (hearts are fun!). Place the dough in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.
6. In a small skillet saute the bell pepper and red onion with a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet. Add the ground sausage to the skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
7. Top the crust with sauce, sausage, bell pepper, onion and sliced olives. Bake for another 5-7 minutes.
8. Slice and enjoy immediately.
Nutritional Analysis: 244 calories, 12g fat, 339mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 9g protein